Tuesday, February 6, 2007

NORTH TO ALASKA

Perhaps inspired by our upcoming trip to Alaska, last night I had a dream about it.

In the dream, I was participating in some sort of contest. I was to drive to Alaska in a specified amount of time. I ended up driving some sort of beat-up, maroon-colored van. But I made it. At one point, I was suddenly given an aerial view as I crossed into the Anchorage city limits. It was either Anchorage or Fairbanks, one of the two.

Anyway, I pulled into the Comfort Inn. Incidentally, both cities do actually have a Comfort Inn. Once I was in the parking lot of the hotel, I suddenly got an aerial view again. And this time I was in a parachute. I could actually "feel" the exhileration of flying. But I was actually coming down. Anyway, once I landed, I was myself again. And the person with the parachute was some sort of hired hand from the sponsors for the contest.

I checked into the hotel, and headed towards my room. I think I had room "F." The place had a log cabin motif. I noticed that the doors to the rooms were made out of wood. And when I looked closer at them, I noticed that they were made in Racine, Wisconsin. I had to walk through some sort of large room. In the room were some partiers. One woman shouted "Woohoo!" In my mind, I was thinking, "Great, these people are going to keep me up all night." What they were happy about is that the Colts had won the Super Bowl. There was some Colts stuff hanging up in the place.

I got to my room and sat on the bed. There was not one, but two TV's in the room. One of them was a huge plasma screen. Then my phone rang. It was some sort of collection call. For some reason, I knew that the woman speaking to me was from Tupelo, Mississippi. But the woman was speaking Spanish. I told her that I didn't understand what she was saying. Then she said, (in perfect English) "When we called you four years ago, you spoke fluent Spanish." I replied, "No I didn't."

Then my alarm clock rang and woke me up.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

This one made me laugh out loud for some reason... the things you come up with. Tupelo, MS and fluent Spanish. Ha ha!

WALRUSDREAMS said...

It just popped into my head while I slept. What can I say?