Wednesday, February 14, 2007

THE MILWAUKEE BREWERS

Last night I think I had a dream. It may have been a dirty dream. Something tells me it was. But the details have been lost. I was awakened this morning by the crying of one of my daughters. And that crying somehow snatched me out of my sleep, and snatched the memory of the dream I was having.

However, two nights ago, I had a very brief dream. In it I was watching some sports show on TV. They were showing a report about a recent trade involving the Milwauke Brewers and the Philadelphia Phillies. Each team swapped two players. The Brewers dealt someone named Phil Henderson, and a second player I can't recall to the Phillies in exchange for Bobby Abreu and another player I can't recall. The TV just showed the names in text.

That's where my dream ended.

In reality, Bobby Abreu did play for the Phillies in 2006. However, he was traded to the New York Yankees in the middle of the season. As for Phil Henderson, he doesn't exist - at least not in baseball.

I don't follow baseball like I used to. And if you were to ask me which team Bobby Abreu played for, I would have had no idea. I was shocked to discover that Abreu had in fact actually played for the Phillies.

No comments: